See? I told you we would return! My my my, this move to Maine has been DRAINING!!! Wonderful – but DRAINING!! As a matter of fact, I’m still in need of volunteers to help organize and unpack…Any takers?
More about our lives as Maine-iacs on Wednesday, but today, let’s get down to the nitty gritty – The CORE of today’s blog, so to speak…Today, it’s all about JUICING! (Anyone catch the food/texture humor?? 🙂 ) Catch the video below for our take on juicing, and why we love it so much:
Grandma & Mama Dee – If you’re watching, just click the title of the blog in your e-mail (at the top, where it says “Juicy!”), and you’ll be re-directed to the video! If you have any questions, call me and I’ll walk you through it! 🙂
Here’s the ingredient list for my juice, in case you missed it:
Pier’s Groovy Green Juice
- 2 small yellow apples
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- Several ‘stalks’ of broccoleaf
- About 1 inch of fresh ginger root
- 5 small radishes
- Fresh mint, to taste
- 1 scoop chia seed
- 1 green bell pepper
Seriously. This may sound off-putting, but this juice is EASY to drink and delicious!! The amount above easily makes 2 juice servings – one for now and one to replace your next meal!
If you’re interested in our juicer, here is the one we purchased:
The Mega OH Mega
And… here are some great juicing recipes to get you started:
ReBoot With Joe
Until tomorrow, folks!
- We are super excited to leave this week for Marty & Dani’s wedding in Minnesota! Marty is Craig’s cousin and was also our Best Man. They are a very special couple to us and we can’t wait to celebrate with them this weekend! Keep your fingers crossed for the flights, as we try to fly out Thursday evening!
- I discovered the BEST GLUTEN-FREE frozen blueberry waffles EVER. They are delicious. Oh my goodness. Gluten-Free or not, I would urge you to try them, and see if you could do the healthy(ER) alternative to waffles. Here’s a link to this delicious breakfast: http://www.vansfoods.com/The_Goods/#/Waffles/Wheat_Free–Gluten_Free/Vans-Blueberry-5
- Craig and I ventured out to a ‘dance club’ in town this weekend and quickly discovered why we hadn’t been back to this place since the last time we went, back in the summer of 2011…Not only was it so smoky neither of us could breathe, but I was also ‘accosted’ by a rather hulky female who (commenting on my sparkly sea green top) asked who I thought I was, Vanna White? I think my husband was a little tickled by the remark…Um…was that a compliment, Mrs. Hulk? I can think of a million people I would be SAD about being compared with…but not Vanna White!??!
- Happy (Belated) Veterans’ Day! We sent my father a thank you text, but that doesn’t even begin to cover the amount of gratitude we hold for him and all other U.S. Veterans and Active Duty Service members. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for our great nation!
- Yesterday’s Gospel reading was from The Gospel of Mark, Chapter 12, verses 38 through 44, and our homily really made me think about how much more I could (and should) be doing. God gave me musical talent, so why am I not singing with our ‘choir’? He blessed me with the ability to speak in public well, and without nervousness, so why haven’t I stepped up to be a lector? Because I always have an excuse…My commute. Oh, we travel too much for me to make a commitment to something like that. Oh, they don’t really need me, do they? It’s time for me to stop making excuses for why I haven’t devoted more of my time to the Church, and do something about it. Stay tuned….
- And last but not least… GO DAWGS!!!! Seriously! A 38-0 win over Auburn AT Auburn to take the SEC East!! Wahoooo! The Deep South’s oldest rivalry, indeed!
Well, enough for now…Hope all of you are safe, sound, and doing very well! Love to all!!
Pier & Craig