Today I write from Green Bay, WI!! In fact I am looking at Lambeau field as I write this and I know that leaves some of my Minnesota family just cringing. No worries as I could never cheer for a team that has colors of green and yellow. Now for my list of what I am thankful for… Being away and on the road this Thanksgiving could make it difficult to come up with thankful thoughts because I miss being around the ones I love but just the fact that I have so many to miss makes me extremely thankful for the people in my life.
– My beautiful wife. There is so much to be thankful about her. The one quality that first comes to mind is her ability to love me! There is not a day that goes by that I do not feel her love and support. Thank you!
– My parents and Pier’s parents. My parents have raised me with so many morals and helped to shape the kind of man I am today. All of these attributes have helped me to be the strong, hardworking, and loving husband that I want to be. Pier’s parents have instilled their love and family values into Pier and have helped her become the perfect wife for me. Thank you!
– My job. Even tho my job is the thing that takes me away I am thankful that it provides me with a way to support and provide for my family.
As I sit here and look out the window I see all of God’s creations. Which leads me in the direction of so many other things to be thankful for. Pier and I place big importance on our faith and our Creator and we help each other to grow more and more in our faith. Each night as we say our prayers together the Scriptures are a big part of them.
– God’s Word. The Bible does so much for us. It gives us hope. It shows us how to love. It teaches us morals. It inspires us to always be a better person. Thank you Lord!
-The Sacraments. In every Sacrament is Christ’s action and the power of the Holy Spirit to bring God’s grace to us all. Thank you Lord.
– Prayer. Even this simple little action which can be done anywhere any way is such a powerful tool that allows us to communicate with God. Prayer brings comfort and trust. When I am on the road and I pray with Pier over the phone there is a sense of comfort and closeness that I feel by simply praying together. Thank you Lord!
-My family’s health. I have been blessed as well as my family have been blessed with great health. This is out of our control and only the Lord can be thanked for this.
-My patience. I am very thankful for this as it helps me to understand and keep calm in many situations and focus on the more important things.
– My wife’s ability to understand. I know that I may not always make the most sense but she can help me understand things in a different perspective and also understand me in my Minnesota tongue 😉 Thank you!
This is only a short list of all the things that one could be thankful for and it is certainly not everything I am thankful for. So on this Thanksgiving Day take a few minutes and thank our Lord for everything in your life and also thank someone close to you to let them know that you are thankful for them. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Love and Thanks,
Whoa! My husband is quite the writer and a hard one to follow at that! 🙂
Well, let me begin my saying I have more to be thankful for in 2012 than I ever imagined. I have never been happier in my life and I only see the future as growing brighter by the minute.
I am so thankful for my amazing husband, Craig. God answered all of my many prayers and blessed me with the missing piece to my puzzle. Craig understands me like no one else and he loves me like crazy and in an all-encompassing way that I could never have dreamed of. I thank God for him every single day.
I am so blessed with a wonderful family: new and old, all unbelievable. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
On a less sappy note, I am so thankful my hair is finally shoulder length again!!!!!! This time last year I was rockin’ the wig, with my recently burned off head of hair underneath. It certainly made me appreciate my once thick and curly hair, but this year, after having experienced virtually NO HAIR, I am definitely thankful for my hair that has grown back with a vengeance! Yay!
This may sound silly, but I am very thankful for our sweet little Miss Daisy, who keeps me company when my husband is traveling. She definitely is a friendly, needy little girl and I am lucky to have such a great pet and little buddy!
Back on the serious side, I thank God He blessed me with a husband who prays with me and is the spiritual leader for our little family! Our prayer life is strong, and only getting stronger, and as it strengthens, so does our marriage and our love deepens. Absolutely amazing.
All we have would not be possible without God. He has blessed us with so much, and I praise Him for his wonderful blessings in our lives. In 2011, I could only have dreamed of the amazing life Craig and I share now. With Craig so far away in Wisconsin, our bond in Christ is what keeps a smile on my face.
I wish you all many blessings in your life, and a marvelous Thanksgiving! Thank YOU for keeping up with us on our blog, and for your love and support in our lives!
All Our Love & Gratitude,