We’re back!!!!!!! …and hopefully, you’re still there; still willing to read what we have to share, and we thank you so much for your patience. Geez, I sound like a phone recording for a business who has you on hold. Sorry about that!
So…alot has happened while Craig and I have been non-blogging… Here’s a short and to the point synopsis:
- We had a great road-trip to Missouri for Craig’s cousin, Cara’s, wedding. Afterwards, we hung around MO for a mini family reunion of sorts in Branson -talk about a vacation so great and jam-packed you need a vacation once you’re home!
- We enjoyed a visit with my grandmother in New Jersey for several days. Craig got to meet a lot of family members he had never met (sort of a reversal from my meeting a lot of new family while we were in Missouri), and he really hit it off with my Uncle Vic (my grandmother’s sister, Angie’s, husband)! Talk about peas in a pod… If you think ladies talk when they get together…oh my. We had a ton of fun!
- We celebrated our one year anniversary (and my birthday) with a trip to North Carolina – Wilmington, and the town I feel as if I ‘grew-up’ in, Fayetteville. I think one of the things I realized by this third trip of the summer (and one of many trips in our relationship, engagement, and marriage) is that the longer we are together, the closer we become. The closer we are, the better and more enjoyable our getaways become – no matter where it is we venture. I might even say that we had more fun as a couple in Wilmington, NC, after a year of marriage, than we did after four months of marriage in Rome, Italy. Marriage (ours anyway) is like a fine wine….It just keeps getting better, the longer and the MORE we are together. That is just one of many many many wonderful things I have discovered over this past year and almost 3 months of marriage to my amazing husband. 😉
- The source – thus far – of our infertility was diagnosed two-fold: a polyp blocking my right fallopian tube and PCOS.
- I had surgery to remove the polyp and all went well!
- I was offered a wonderful job opportunity out-of-the-blue…and accepted the position! Sadly, I had to leave my nanny position, but fortunately, Craig and I were blessed with my new job and all of the possibilities it brings with it, i.e. tuition reimbursement!
- Craig and I bought our first car together! We love it – so much fun to drive and unbelievable fuel efficiency!
- Almost a year and three months later, we are still trying to conceive. I’m currently taking Metformin to aid with the insulin resistance brought about by good ol’ PCOS, and we are in the midst of my first round of Letrazole. As always, we are placing our hope in the Lord, and believing faithfully that He has a miraculous plan in store for our journey together. We pray constantly this plan includes the blessing of children from Him.
Whew! It’s been a busy past few months! As soon as I have a spare second, I will post the pictures of our adventures here. It won’t be too long either, because I’m anxious to show you our Christmas decorations!
We thank you again for keeping The Newlywedlefebvres on your blogroll, and ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. Infertility and PCOS are uphill battles, and nothing less. We pray for His Will to be our will, and that His Will be done.
“My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways My ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways and thoughts higher than yours.” Isaiah 55:8-9
Our Love & Greetings,
Pier & Craig