Hello & Happy Monday!
I was so sad to see this past weekend end! Craig and I finally had a nice weekend together and we cherished every single moment – relaxing. It’s been awhile! 😉
I spoke with one of my best girls this weekend, who asked if there were any essential oils that would help with skincare… Well, yes ma’am, there sure are!
Whether you have dry skin or acne/problem prone skin, there is an essential oil remedy for you! Here are two I love:
- Acne Prone Skincare
Let’s begin with tea tree oil. WebMD says, “The chemicals in tea tree oil may kill bacteria and fungus, and reduce allergic skin reactions.”
I, personally, use the following skincare regimen daily to tame my skin:
12 drops Tea Tree Oil
2 oz Pure Jojoba Oil
2 oz Isopropyl Alcohol
I mix these into a spray bottle and apply to my ‘problem areas’ everytime I wash my face.
Seriously, this works SO WELL for me – when nothing else has! I wash my face – using one of my favorite Christmas gifts, my Clarisonic (Thanks, Mama!) – and then spray this mixture on my clean skin – twice daily. Cystic acne caused by PCOS – gone.
2. Dry Skin/Psoriasis
Frankincense. You may be familiar with this essential oil – It was one of the gifts brought by the Magi to Jesus. This oil is known to actually repair cells, so it’s perfect for treating dry skin and specifically psoriasis.
Here’s my remedy:
10 drops Frankincense essential oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil
2 oz Pure Jojoba Oil
3 oz of your favorite unscented, moisturizing facial lotion:(I recommend this.)
Mix this lotion mixture into a clean small jar (like this one), and you can apply up to 3 times daily to affected areas.
And y’all, I am serious when I say that healing your skin naturally is the way to go. Hands down. And these oils, have tons more uses than simply skin care, too!
All found at Mercola:
Tea Tree Oil :
- Toothbrush cleaner – A drop of tea tree oil can disinfect your toothbrush, which is a breeding ground for mold and bacteria.
- Mold treatment – Mix a drop with a cup of water, spray on moldy areas, and then wipe clean. For an all-natural disinfectant, you can also sprinkle a few drops of tea tree oil along with baking soda on your bathroom or kitchen surfaces.
- Natural pest control – The strong smell of tea tree oil naturally repels ants and other insects. I recommend making a natural insect repellent by mixing a few drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil.
- Laundry freshener – Adding a few drops of this oil during the wash cycle will make your laundry smell crisper and kill organisms lurking in your washer.
“It’s known for its comforting properties, and is useful for visualizing, improving one’s spiritual connection, and helping overcome stress and despair.8
In aromatherapy, frankincense oil is either inhaled or diffused via a vaporizer – a very effective sedative that induces a feeling of mental peace, relaxation, and satisfaction, and helps relieve anxiety, anger, and stress.9 ”
- Added to your bath or shower to relieve aching muscles and stress.
- Inhaled or vaporized. You can use an oil burner or add a few drops to a bowl of hot water, and then breathe in the steam.
- Used as a compress by soaking a towel in a bowl of water infused with a few drops of lavender oil. Apply this to sprains or muscle injuries.
And it’s easy, you can purchase any or all of these powerful essential oils right here. And if you’re interested in trying some of my recommendations from both this week and last week’s post, you might just want to purchase a Premium Starter Kit. You’ll get all of these oils:
- Lavender 5-ml
- Peppermint 5-ml
- Lemon 5-ml
- Copaiba 5-ml
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Thieves® 5-ml
- Purification® 5-ml
- R.C.™ 5-ml
- DiGize™ 5-ml
- PanAway® 5-ml
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
Plus a diffuser, and MORE. You can find it here. You don’t have to care a thing in the world about selling essential oils, but if you plan to use even just two different oils, buying the starter kit is the best deal – by far. Not to mention that if you sign up, you’ll receive wholesale pricing…That’s a 24% savings right off the bat.
Check it out – I promise you’ll be glad you did – and so will your skin! 😉