This week has been that week for me.
- My surgery was supposed to be performed under general anesthesia.
- It was not.
- I was awake and feeling a great deal of pain during the procedure.
- I did not ovulate on my own this month.
- We had to rummage around to find a place we could get to in our area who carried the HCG Trigger Shot and was still open by the time our doctor’s office let us know we needed to make the purchase.
- I got a speeding ticket on my way home from dropping Craig off at the truck, which we left at Northside Hospital when I had my surgery.
- I got an e-mail last night, right before bed, from the Social Security Administration.
- There was a mix-up with my crazy long name that made me worry so much I didn’t sleep much at all.
But I am determined NOT TO LET THE DEVIL WIN.
Testing of Your Faith
“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Remember almost a year ago when I heard God speak to me? I believe God is calling us to Him, reminding us that no matter what else is going on in the world, we need to re-focus our eyes on the Lord, pull our hearts out of the pile of tears and sadness, and seek what He has in store for us above all else.
It is so hard to forget the world and our problems, and lean solely on Him.
Victoria Osteen posted this on Facebook today: